by Chris Smith
SoFAB has received a box of 24 cookbooks from Belton, Texas.
The books are a combination of gifts from the library director, Kim Kroll, who shops for cookbooks at antique stores, and de-accessioned books from the Lena Armstrong Public Library, City of Belton, Texas.
The cookbooks are from Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Florida, New Mexico, and Kansas. Among the books are:
- Prize Winning Recipes of the State Fair of Texas
- The Art of Cooking in Cameron Texas
- Farm Journal’s Freezing and Canning Cookbook
- Home Cookin’ compiled by the Junior League of Wichita Falls
- Best of the Best of New Mexico
- Feastin’ with the Federation, the City Federation of Women’s Clubs, Temple Texas, (1955)
- Bell County’s Kitchen Secrets (from the early 1950s and has an Aunt Jemima type character on the cover)